[pct-l] Snake bites?

Wayne Kraft wayneskraft at comcast.net
Tue Jun 9 22:24:45 CDT 2009

Just a point of clarification:  my concern about rattlesnakes has more
to do with my wanderings in SE Oregon than the PCT.  I haven't hiked
the desert sections of the PCT, so I have no idea how often one
encounters a rattlesnake there, but I've never seen one on the Oregon
PCT.  I've spent some time on what is called the Dry Creek arm of the
Owyhee Reservoir. There are so many rattlesnakes there that locals
consider scorpion bites a minor problem by comparison.

Wayne Kraft