[pct-l] Permethin/ExOfficio cloths-message to Amanda

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 12:07:00 CDT 2009

On my 2008 PCT journey I wore the Buzz-Off cloths made by ExOfficio. You can find this on the web.

I wore shirt, pants and socks. In camp, if there were insects, I also wore thier hat- the kind with the cape to cover your neck and ears. This worked very well in discouraging ticks and insects. I noticed several hikers who were really being attacked by insects while talking to them and not being bothered. In problem areas I did add a little deet on my beard and eyebrows.

Ed Anderson/MendoRider