[pct-l] Permethrin

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 10:44:13 CDT 2009

I am thinking about treating my clothing with Permethin.  On the REI WEB Site they have both a two-hour soak-in treatment Sawyer Perethrin Military Treatment and a spray-on treatment, also by Sawyer.  It seems to me that soaking for two hours would be more effective than spraying it on, although some items may not soak too well.  I was thinking about spraying my sleeping bag, bug net and ground cloth while soaking my clothing.  Does that sound right?  I am a little concerned because I tend to remember reading somewhere, something about damage to fabrics.  Does anybody know about that?

Shepherd