[pct-l] WaterProofing

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 16:51:36 CDT 2009

I've read & heard all sorts of methods of waterproofing equipment (such as
Sleeping Bags, Tents, & Packs)...I've heard such things as varying as just
using the on-the-market aerosols to thinning silicone with a thinner &
spraying it on (which I think doubled as a non-slip surface to the bottom of
Sleeping Bags) to using Candle Wax...All sorts of things.

I've used a couple of the Aerosols and am NOT impressed AT ALL.

Has anyone used any aerosol with OUTSTANDING results?

Has anyone used/developed a non-conventional method that has had OUTSTANDING
results?

I'm not interested in responses about mediocre products, but products who
have failed miserably would be worthy of mention so as to steer everyone
clear of them.

Thanks,
Josh