[pct-l] After Action Report - Walker Pass Food Ruck

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jun 7 22:51:54 CDT 2009

Once again, your intrepid hero, Switchback the Trail Pirate, has cheated death once again.? This time at the big Walker Pass Food Ruck headed up by Meadow Ed.? Lots of fun and hikers served good foods.? What a blast.? StoneDancer, Crash and the Incredible?Bulk were there too, plus others.? Great to see everyone.? I always enjoy these road trips from Las Vegas.

I arrived?Thrusday afternoon and unloaded all my supplies.??Later in the day I went into Ridgecrest to the Carriage House motel to a nice room.? I had a nice supper and then watched the first NBA playoff game.? The next morning I picked up some more ice and donuts for the Food Ruck.? I took some hikers into Lake Isabella to drop them off for trailtown duties.? While they were doing that I drove over to Kernville and got a super nice motel room on the river.? I took the hikers back to Walker Pass and goofed off for a while.

Then it was back to Kernville to do a little exploring up the highway and river.? What a fantastic drive.? I turned around where the highway meets the road to Kennedy Meadows.? Next year I am going all the way around to Hyw 395 and back to Walker Pass.? The rafting along the river looked super fun and safe.? I think I will come back and stay here with the family to do some raft trips later this year.? I had supper at the nice place overlooking the river.? Great catfish dinner.

On Saturday I head back up to Walker Pass with donuts and ice.? We are sitting around talking and one of the male hikers picks up a spider in his hand.? I casually say, "You are not Hiker Trash unless you eat it."? He puts it down and raises his T-shirt.? A very large tattoo across his stomach says "Hiker Trash."? Wow.? Too funny.

I would guess Meadow Ed fed over 150 hikers.? What a great event.? Glad I could help out a little, plus get my normal goof-off time in.

Respectfully submitted,

Switchback the Trail Pirate