[pct-l] driving to indian springs cg in near cascade locks?

Carolyn Eddy ECPG at peoplepc.com
Sat Jun 6 23:02:09 CDT 2009

It's easy to get to Wahtum Lake by car but sontines the road to
IndianSprings is not open due to blow downs and it being a lot less used
road.
Wahtum Lake is paved and almost always open by June. I wouldn't hesitate to
drive my 2 wheel van in there, most years, and my 1/2 ton truck if the van
wouldn't do it due to washouts.

You could do a flip flop of the trail to Indian Springs from Wahtum, but the
best part of that section is just south of I.S. so is worth going the extra
1/4 mile and back for for the view. There also a mountain whose name escapes
me, just on the north edge of Wahtum, that's worth going up,but will only
take an hour or so our of your way.
You could  day hike to IS and back, camp at Wahtum and then come out at
Cascade Locks. It's an easy downhill hike from Wahtum across Benson Plateau.
Or you could hope that the road is open to IS and do it all in one day.
Wouldn't even be a hard day.

Depends on when you plan to do this but if I'm in town I'd be glad to help.

"Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com