[pct-l] Hazardous Weather Advisory for Southern Sierra

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sat Jun 6 10:13:00 CDT 2009

Annie:

Unless his plan included a regular phone call to you on a given frequency that has not happened (and remember your comment about the spotty availability of cell service), I wouldn't be worried at this point. It sounds like he has everything he needs. Besides, he's only 3-1/2 days into a 6 day trip, and he has two good bailout opportunities if he were to need them (Trail Pass to Horseshoe Meadows to Lone Pine and the Mt Whitney Trail down to Whitney Portal to Lone Pine). He's a day and a half past the first and is approaching the second.

Since he's a decent navigator and assuming he has the waypoints in his GPS, finding the trail shouldn't be an issue.

Call his cell phone and leave him a "call me" message. Then you just have to wait for him to check his messages.

If you still want to worry about something, try the economy, the situation in North Korea, or the tight schedule on my kitchen remodeling project.

Wandering Bob.