[pct-l] SAR accident critique

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Thu Jun 4 15:54:43 CDT 2009

It is common to critique accidents after are over to learn from the
experience, properly done after all the facts and all the involved parties
are available.

However, it is unfortunately also common on this list to speculate and
criticize other hikers who are still on the trail and have no idea what is
being said about them and who are unable to tell their side of the story.

Now that our fellow hiker is safe, I suggest we wait until she returns
from the trail and tells the story herself rather than piecing it together
and tearing it apart when we weren't there. Think about what you'd want
someone saying about you before you write.

At least, that's my thought.

AsABat

(This is more preemptive knowing how this list can get by those of us who
are w*rking rather than hiking.)