[pct-l] Thru Hiker Town Food Guide

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 12:36:52 CDT 2009

This is all really interesting.  I'd wondered why I eat way less on the trail than I do at home.  I thought it was just because I was simply too busy hiking, ogling the scenery and photographing plants.  I kind of suspected that there might be something physiological involved, but I figured it had something to do with a shift in metabolism and/or the accompanying readjustment in neurochemistry.  This tells me that it's even more important to pay attention to the nutritional content of my food -- and not just how many calories there are (I'm already carrying many tens of thousands of them around my mid-section anyway.) -- than I'd thought.

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR