[pct-l] (no subject)

Ikem Freeman ikem.freeman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:24:43 CDT 2009

Generally, most average hikers start sometime mid-April and try to finish by
mid- to late-September.

So will start earlier and some will start later. As a general rule, if you
don't make it to Canada by October 1st, the snow will prevent you from
making it.

There are lots of trail journals you can read to see actual start and end
dates and the kind of mileage hikers had to hike to make it by September.

In 2008, I hiked about 18 - 20 miles per day, and I started early April. I
did not make it all the way to Canada as I had hoped, but I did make it
2,000 miles to Sisters, Oregon.

Good luck to you as you plan your trip.

O. Ikem Sofar