[pct-l] Keeping Cool on the Trail

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 20:16:11 CDT 2009

One of my coworkers rigged up these...well, I call them hydro-hoochies.  Sew a tube out of whatever fabric you like, although something with a tight weave and good moisture-retention is best (cotton?  Yes, I said the 'C' word....).  Sew up one end, leaving at least 6 inches of "tail" and then turn it inside out.  Pour a small quantity of those water-absorbing crystals like they use in hydroponic gardening into the tube.  Sew it up.  Soak it with water and tie it around your neck.  It stays cool for a while.  We use it at work where our AC sucks.

-Nathan Miller
Newberg, OR