[pct-l] Requesting "heads ups" on specific locales

bclay shannon bclayshannon at att.net
Mon Jul 27 18:15:06 CDT 2009

Hello all,

This is my first post to this mailing list.

I will be in the following areas in early-mid September, doing day hikes on the PCT. If anybody has got any tips, gotchas, etc. regarding these areas, please respond:

Etna, CA (both directions off Hwy 3)
Dunsmuir, CA (Castle Crags)
Greenville, CA (Hwy 89)
Sierra City, CA (both directions from Hwy 49)
Truckee, CA (Donner Pass)
Echo Lake, CA (Desolation Wilderness)
Carson Pass, CA (off Hwy 88, will be traveling North) - I've already made this day hike several times, as I used to live in the area

Jjust to let you know I am "doing my homework," I have read about 8-10 books on the PCT so far, and will finish another half a dozen before I go.
 - Blackbird Crow Raven (Clay Shannon), Wisconsin