[pct-l] Sprays and Tapes

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 09:56:48 CDT 2009

Once again, Switchback, has platinum gear information for you - since 1997.

Nikwax Tent & Solarproof Spray - This is a spray that I recommend for your tent and gear before each hiking season. I even use it on my boots after they have been cleaned. This might be good in a drift/bounce box too if the weather really turns bad.? It also has water repellency. See REI.com.

If you use an?ultra light weight?packback (I use the Mariposa Plus) consider putting some?Gorilla Tape to better protect the bottom where there is A LOT of wear and tear.? The weight cost is only a few grams or a fraction of an ounce.? I also put some tape on the bottom of my belly pack.? If you are on a long hike just add some tape to your drift/bounce box and replace the old tape on your pack as needed, but I am not sure that is even needed.? Go to a large hardware store to get Gorilla Tape.? Simple and easy to do.

I think the tape probably increases the wearability of your pack bottom by 5-times at least.

Cheers, Switchback
PS: Anticipation is building throughout the hiking community about the new Fall SuperSecrets Digest.