[pct-l] PCT hikers Posting Problems

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 16:23:15 CDT 2009

Once again, I might be the last one to know this but..
I discovered a trick PCT'ers can use if they encounter problems posting to journals/site on some of these "backwoods" computers we use.
If you have typed up a journal entry and hit the upload button only to find the entry disappears into outer space you might try this trick:
Type up you entry.
Before sending, highlight the entire page of text and left click, then hit copy.
Click send just for kicks.
Now if you lose the page just open a new one and quickly left click and hit paste, add the subject heading and quickly send it off.
I don't know why this works on some cantankerous computers, my guess is they "time out" or something.
But I have found this to work when all else fails.
Okay.. Now the truly computer savy people can tear me up for being an ignoramus.. I grant you that anyways! :-)
Cheers-Iceaxe

Sent from the Trail on my Peek