[pct-l] Water treatment: AquaMira and...?

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Mon Jul 20 13:02:37 CDT 2009

The liquid and tablets are chlorine dioxide which the CdC feels is
effective against giardia:

http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/travel/backcountry_water_treatment.html

The US Army evaluates it as such:

"Advantages

● Expect consistent protection from bacteria, viruses, and Giardia
cysts when used as directed.

Disadvantages

● Not consistently effective against Cryptosporidium oocysts when
used as directed.
Extending wait time up to 4.5 hours will help ensure adequate
Cryptosporidium oocyst
reduction.

from:
http://usachppm.apgea.army.mil.wstub.archive.org/WPD/WPDShare/143/AddInfo_McNettAquaMira.pdf