[pct-l] Water treatment: AquaMira and...?

meghan west meghan.west at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 10:17:54 CDT 2009

Unless you are carrying wide-mouthed water bottles like the typical
Nalgenes, I'd stay away from the steripen.  I tried it once, but it required
such a large mouth to fit the pen inside the container, that I couldn't use
it on my water bottles (They may have slimmed down since I tried mine, but
definitely test it before buying one if you can.). Expensive, but another
option is the MIOX purifier (
http://www.survivalschool.com/products/Water_Filters/MIOX_Water_Purifier.htm)...
might be too complicated, but does get crypto.  AM worked great for my whole
trip though.  I filtered water once using a coffee filter and hairband (slow
but very effective).  Good luck finding the right combo!
-bling