[pct-l] SuperSecrets - Pack Waist Belt

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jul 18 20:29:22 CDT 2009

Tortoise wrote: How about a picture or tow??

Switchback replies: That is a good point.? May be I will do that.? I think I will?bring it to the 2010 April Kickoff and demo it.? That way I can get some more trail miles on it.? I hike almost every morning with it.? Not long, but it gives it a good shake down.? This buckle helper is really very simple.? I really think that if this concept was incorporated into the nylon webbing of the waist belt buckle area, it would be revolutionary.? And the weight gain to the pack would measured in a few ounces and the benefits would be?mind blowing in using the potential of the waist belt - which is in the Neanderthal stages of development.

If you look at the waist belts of packs 40 years ago and then look at them today, there is very little difference.? Maybe the materials today a little lighter? and techie.? Or may be they are a little heavier too!? We are in the 21st Century.? This whole thing is embarrassing to the hiking community and gear manufacturers.??

This situation?reminds me of my rant of why I think 98% of hiking shelters suck -- cutting you off from what you came out there to be part of with their nylon walls, tarps, etc.? Netting tents and cowboy camping (including some bivys) rocks!
?
Your humble and obedient servant,?Sir Switchback of Super Secrets