[pct-l] hiking from Campo

Keith Robertson surferkeith at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 17 10:20:58 CDT 2009

Kea,

Now is not a good time to be hiking the PCT starting at Campo. For one thing, you'll experience searing heat and a good amount of humidity as a result of the monsoon season in Arizona. The trail has no water from the border to Lake Morena and you will most likely encounter illegals and perhaps border patrol agents looking for them. Also, I doubt you'll have any other hikers around during this time of year. There are some places to camp on Hauser Mountain on the trail but I really think you may want to wait to be hiking this area until the weather cools. Good luck.

Handyrock