[pct-l] Hiker Air Conditioner

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 01:51:37 CDT 2009

What if I told you I could lower the air temperature for you on a hot trail by 20-30 degrees any time you wanted to?? And you could do this over and over again.? No problem at all.

How much would you pay me for this SuperSecret of Backpacking information?? It is one of the golden hiking nuggets in my upcoming digest for the PCT Class of 2010.

Simply go down to your local drug store.? Go to the small bottle section and buy one with a spray nozzle.? Fill the bottle with water.? Anytime you want some hiker trail air conditioning, just spray it on your face and neck as you walk.? Simple and light.? I keep mine in my belly pack.

This is extremely pleasant on a hot trail.? Under your solar umbrella, you are feeling good, while everyone else is suffering.? You pass some hikers tired and beat under the limited?shade of a Yucca Tree and say, "Say, it is kind of?warm out here today.? I think I will take another shot of spray.? But only a small shot, since I do not want to catch a cold."

Cheers, Switchback