[pct-l] shoes for crossing JMT streams

herbstroh at charter.net herbstroh at charter.net
Mon Jul 13 14:46:28 CDT 2009

Scott--

I do like OD does--I hike in trail runners and just walk through. You can
take off socks and pull out the footbed if you want, but they really are
close enough to dry in about 30 minutes that it does not seem to matter.

But if you are dealing with boots, then you probably will want some crocs
to cross with. Some people go barefoot but don't recommend it.

I do like to take some cheap/light flip-flops to air my feet during breaks
and around camp. But they are too flimsy to cross a creek with.

We will have to watch for each other. I am heading out SOBO 7/22 with my 15
year old and a buddy.