[pct-l] To p or not to p

Jim & Brenda Johnson jdjohnson at accesscomm.ca
Sun Jul 12 10:39:13 CDT 2009

So, something from the lighter side of hiking ...

Don't know about you, but whenever I'm off on a week-long hike, my
bladder muscle is in a state (I suppose California, Oregon, or
Washington if I was on the PCT!) of perpetually being "on call"; that
is, I don't "go" until I absolutely have to go, and then I just peel off
the trail and find a bush and catch up with my buddies in short order
... no pun intended there :-)

I guess where I'm going with this (pun intended) is ... when I arrive
back in civilization, I find that for the first few days after coming
off the trail, my bladder muscle is in that same state ... trouble is,
there's no bush around when that particular muscle suddenly decides that
I absolutely have to "go", and I'm lucky to find a washroom fast enough.

Anybody have the same issue?

~ Jiffypop