[pct-l] N OR & WA snow conditions

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 03:20:11 CDT 2009

We've had 5 hikers go south from Steven's Pass to Snoqualmie Pass. Haven't
heard back from them. Have a hiker here now in Skykomish that is SOBO and
said there is still a lot of snow between here and the monument. I'll find
out in the morning exactly where. The original PCT is definitely the way to
go. We've had these hikers use both routes and the reroute is a real pain.
The original route is better....but not a piece of cake either. Remember we
had record snow up here the past two winters.

PCT MOM