[pct-l] submission

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 00:47:03 CDT 2009

Hi Sahara & Snake Lady

I hiked with you guys in 07 from Wrightwood to Highway 173 right before Silverwood.  I was the guy carrying all that Gatorade.  Take into account I'm not a biologist so I don't really understand the migration patterns of these PCT Thru-hikers.  But here is my best shot.

I would estimate that the middle of the pack is near Belden Town mile marker 1289.  This is based on some journals at trailjournals.com and looking at a standard 5 month Northbound Itenerary, assuming departure of April 26 (ADZPCTKO).  Keep in mind hikers will be a week ahead and a week behind this point and it is just my best educated guess.  I would assume that 5 hikers a day or more are passing this point now.  Good luck with the trail love.

If anyone has better information, please correct me.

Paul