[pct-l] Belden to Donner Pass

Brill Stephen stephenbrill at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 17:11:44 CDT 2009

Hello,

I am hoping that some reader of this list can assist me.  I am planning a hike on the PCT in early August, hiking from Donner Pass (80 Freeway) to Belden with my 11-year-old son.  The difficulty is getting from Belden to Donner Pass to begin the hike.  I have researched the options, and I know we can get there by public transportation (Plumas County bus from Belden to Chico, then Greyhound to Truckee via Sacramento, then taxi to the trail).  The problem is that this option would literally take all day.  I am hoping that some kind person out there would be willing to meet us in Belden and drive us directly to Donner Pass, a trip which Google Maps reports is just over 100 miles.  Of course, I would be very willing to pay for gasoline and any other reasonable expenses associated with such a trip.

The ideal date for this to occur is the morning of Wednesday 5 August, although we could probably be flexible by one day earlier or one day later.

By the way, if we successfully do this hike, I will have completed the entire PCT.  It's been a long haul, but the end is finally within sight!

If you can help us, please feel free to respond offlist to stephenbrill at yahoo.com.

Thank you,

-- Steve (Moondancer)