[pct-l] Humor - Hiker Trash Support

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 21:53:43 CST 2009

Our intrepid hero, Grizzly, was out hiking and fishing in the Sierras with his hiking/saloon bros. All at once, he gets an urgent cell phone call.

It was his doctor, who was also a hiker, notifying him that his wife/hiking partner, TrailDust, had just been in a terrible accident. She was in critical condition and in the ICU.

Grizzly told the doctor he would be there as soon as possible to be with TrailDust and give her support. Soon after he hung up, his attention drifted back to his bros and fishing. He was having what was shaping up to be his best day ever at the lake. He decided to get in a couple of more casts before the short hike out to the trailhead and the car.

He ended up fishing the rest of the day and finishing up with a stringer like he'd never seen with 8 large trout. Everyone was jubilant popping open cold brews.…then he remembered the phone call and his trail partner/wife.

Feeling super guilty, he quickly hiked out and dashed to the hospital. He rushed down the corridor, saw the doctor, and asked about his wife's condition.

The doctor glared at him and shouted, " Hiker trash, hiker trash!! You went ahead and finished your fishing trip didn't you. I hope you are proud of yourself. While you were out hiking and fishing with your bros for the rest of the day, your wife has been languishing in the ICU! It is just as well you went ahead and finished because it will be likely that will be the last fishing trip you ever take! For20the rest of her life she will require 'round the clock care. In addition, you will be her caregiver, you scoundrel! I thought I would never say this to anyone, but you act like Switchback."

Grizzly was feeling so guilty he broke down and sobbed. He promised he would reform and not hang around Switchback anymore.

All at once, the doctor started to snicker and said, "I'm just jacking with you. She is dead.  What did you catch?"