[pct-l] Cramming a BV450

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sat Jan 31 12:42:00 CST 2009

Last summer when getting a permit from the ranger station just south of
Lone Pine, the lady ranger said that she and her colleagues had stuffed
nine days worth of food in the BV450.  I expressed a bit of scepticism,
never having gotten more than five days in there.  She admitted that you
have to select your food based on density and shape - no macaroni or
puffy instant rice type stuff...  I got histrionic and vented some
before leaving.  She was laughing with me though...

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD