[pct-l] Southern PCT Monument Ownership Question

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 31 09:50:04 CST 2009

I was down at the Mexican border and the PCT monument several weeks ago.? As a professional backpacker, I signed the trail register and then noticed how much in disrepair the monument is.

Who is supposed to take care of the monument?? I would think it would be in great shape, but it is not.? It needs wood repair and painting.? Who put it up anyway?? Was it the PCTA?

It would be cool if before the April Kickoff and all the hikers starting north, it was made to look good.? That check should be done each year.

Thanks, Switchback
Trail Pirate and Class of 2012