[pct-l] Humor - Hiker Trash Sensitivity

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 16:15:19 CST 2009

Our intripid PCT hero, Grizzly, is finishing?a big PCT section hike?with some of his hiking/saloon bros.

They approach and start across a big stream crossing near the trailhead.? All at once their buddy, Trail Marauder, slips and falls in.? Sadly he drowns.? The hikers recover the body and Grizzly calls on his cell phone and gets a hold of the authorities.

As the?ambulance is about to leave?with the body,?Trail Grumps?says, "Well, bummer, someone should go in person and tell his wife right away.? Hummmmm, I will volunteer to do it.? It's only because I am pretty good at this caring stuff."

The other hikers pack?up their gear into their vehicles and to head?into town?to the local?hiker saloon to drown their sorrows.?

Two hours later,?Grumps walks into the saloon with a big grin on his face and with a?case of Budweiser and High Sierra beer under each arm.?

Grizzly says, "Wow!? Where did you get that beer new favorite old pal of mine?"? All the hikers' eyes light up and smiles come across their faces as Grumps slams the beer down on the table..

"Trail Marauder's wife?gave it to me,? No problem at all," says Grumps.?

"That's unbelievable, you told her that her husband was dead and?she gave you beer?"

"Well, not exactly," say Grumps. ?"When she answered the door, I said to her, 'You must be?Trail Marauder's?widow'."

She said, "You have made a mistake.??I'm not a widow.".... then I said "I'll bet you two cases of?beer?you are."?