[pct-l] Contacts vs. Glasses

Billy Simpson billys100 at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 09:14:47 CST 2009

I'm enjoying the forum and it helps alot as i've not done as much
hiking in the west.

I have really bad vision but it is corrected by contacts or glasses.
i tried the contacts on the AT but forgot about them soon as it was
too much hassle taking them in and out all the time and lugging the
extra stuff it takes to deal with them, solution etc.  glasses aren't
really an issue on the AT as you really can do without sunglasses so i
wore glasses just about the whole trip.  it is quite a different story
on the PCT.  I was thinking about going and finding a cheap pair of
frames and getting some prescription sunglasses made up or better yet,
the kind of lenses that darken with light.

any sage advice?

woodstock