[pct-l] fall hiking in the desert

lauren moran laurenmoran15 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 21:03:38 CST 2009

Any thoughts on what the conditions would be like to hike from Kennedy Meadows southbound to Mexico begining in early October? Is water likely to be in even shorter supply than it is in spring / early summer? Are the caches less likely to be full since there won't be any thru hikers passing through?

I had planned to thru hike this year, but now I can't get away until late June. Was thinking I could start at Kennedy Meadows, hike north to Canada and then flip flop back down south for the desert section. Either this, or I will just wait until '10 and hike on a more traditional time line. I just hate putting stuff off, so I'm curious for any advice so I can try to work it out for this year. Thanks in advance,

Swiss Miss