[pct-l] Poison oak

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Jan 26 21:06:28 CST 2009

NO ONE is IMMUNE to poison-oak for its relatives. Rather there are some
people who have not become sensitized to the urushiol oil which is the
allegern.  Some people may never become sensitized. Most people with
though thru repeated exposure. Typically the time one becomes sensitized
there is no apparent reaction. However with the next exposure, watch out.

I thought I was "immune" for years. Then bamo! Since then I've had some
really bad exposures requiring medical attention. I'm a lot more careful
now and I have a prescription cream to allay the reaction.

So be careful and don't push your luck.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>