[pct-l] Canadain work visa

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 26 20:56:58 CST 2009

I am not real clear on how work visas in Canada may be obtained, but I do know this, you can get deported if found working without one.  A friend of mine was married to a Canadian and then they divorced.  She remained in Vancouver, working for a computer company.  For vacation the next year she went down to Mexico.  Upon her return to Canada the Customs Officer asked her the purpose of her visit to Canada (she is American).  She said that she lives and works there.  Oops!  No work visa.  She was refused reentry to Canada, even to collect her belongings, and told that if she is ever found in Canada again she will be arrested.  :-(

Shepherd