[pct-l] TP and poop in cathole - - - stir it

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 18:46:57 CST 2009

>From MendoRider/ Ed Anderson

Good posts from Ron, Adam, and Georgi. The presence of bacteria and insects in decaying organic material is so  obvious that I forgot to mention it. Of course that along with the carbonic acid will help break down the waste. Ron, I never thought of stiring it. Thats a great idea. Water on the TP or, better yet, pee, then stir well with a stick. Also, break off the stirring end of the stick and bury it in the hole along with the waste. One of you might know the answer to this question: It seems logical that the smell of the pee might keep some animals from digging  up the contents of the hole, Do you know if this is so? Remember in "Never Cry Wolf" Farley peed in a circle all around his camp while doing his research with the idea that the wolves would respect this site as his territory. My theory is  that the coyotes might just pee on the hole rather than dig it up. I think that's what a dog would do. From now on I will be stiring the waste in my holes.