[pct-l] a few questions

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Mon Jan 26 12:51:41 CST 2009

Lois,
On the pistol I agree with the others that this needless weight and a bad idea.

They are not allowed in National Parks, in a Post Office or 1000 feet
from a school in California and you would definitely want to research
other California laws on this too. I don't know if s/he would need a
concealed weapon permit or if they could possibly get away with just
using a locked gun case in a backpack or possibly carry it unloaded
but not concealed. It would probably disturb some of the other hikers
too.

-Halfmile