[pct-l] Fishing Poles

Elizabeth Hoffman eahoffman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 11:19:23 CST 2009

Carrying a collapsible fishing pole through the Sierras was one of the best
decisions we made. They're lightweight and you can strap it to the outside
of your pack for easy access. Each time we came across a school of fish we'd
plop a salmon egg on the hook and moments later would be rewarded with a
trout. Its a delicious way to supplement your diet and if your Sierra
experience is anything like mine was, you'll be running out of food by the
time you hit VVR and those extra fish really help. We packed the fish in
snow inside a ziploc to keep them fresh til mealtime. Then wrapped them in
tinfoil with a little oil (if we were lucky) and stuck them in some coals.
Make sure you clean up your campsite well afterwards.

The only complaint was from Badmoon who didn't want to carry "stinky fish"
in his pack.

Whoop Ass
'05 Crazy Northbounder

p.s. Check out proof here: