[pct-l] wood stoves

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Mon Jan 26 10:08:04 CST 2009

I agree that the number of us using wood stoves on long distance
trails is not impacting the forest.  On my AT thru hike I was the only
one who was using a wood stove.  I NEVER met anyone who was using
one.  I backpack with my home made wood stove all the time. I am at
the point where I am able to boil up a pint of water from 3 ounces of
dead wood.  There is no way I am depleting the forest of available
organic material.
Uncle Tom

"Modern families work themselves to exhaustion to pay for stuff that
sits around not being used."    Thomas Naylor