[pct-l] fishing poles

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 04:16:51 CST 2009

Lots of folks fishing along the JMT.  I never did, but saw trout jumping in
the lakes everyday.  I have fond memories of a wonderful guy cooking my
husband and me a trout breakfast one morning at Lake Marjorie.  (Proof that
guys can cook!)  He had even hauled in a small cast-iron skillet and a pint
of cooking oil!  I heard from other hikers as I went that he made a habit of
feeding others.
Most fishermen had a pole that broke down, and they carried it on the
outside of their packs in a pipe.