[pct-l] Good Samaritan Acts

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sat Jan 24 19:39:19 CST 2009

Not knowing the full details of the car crash case (the media usually
abridges everything), I do know most cars do not explode in real life
the way they do in movies. Therefore, it is reasonable to leave victims
in the car until qualified help arrives unless there is a clear danger.
Otherwise, removing the victim without being trained to do so without
harm (backboard, c-collar, etc.) may not be reasonable.

I actually had to convince one driver to stay seated until the
paramedics arrived - the car rolled almost a block after the unbelted
driver was thrown into the passenger seat and also hit the windshield.
She insisted she had to get out of the car to make a phone call.

AsABat