[pct-l] PowerBar Peanut Butter

Bill BillBatch at cox.net
Sat Jan 24 11:55:14 CST 2009

FYI, for those of you that like power bars on the trail:

We would like to take a moment to reassure you that none of our PowerBar
products are affected by the recent reports of salmonella found in certain
types of peanut butter and peanut paste ingredients traced to Peanut
Corporation of America (PCA), the company that announced a nationwide recall
of peanut butter. It is important to know that PowerBar does not purchase or
source any peanut butter-based ingredients from PCA.

Consumer safety is our top priority and we utilize extensive quality control
processes and checkpoints to ensure our products are in full compliance with
U.S. Food and Drug Administration requirements.

We're passionate about sports and fitness. That's why we started PowerBar to
begin with-to help athletes like you reach your goals by providing trusted,
proven nutritional products.

For the full safety release, visit:
 <http://mail.PowerBar.com/Key=61314.6GF.C.l.KnFdxh> www.powerbar.com

For a limited time, we're offering a 10% discount on select PowerBar
products. Visit  <http://mail.PowerBar.com/Key=61314.6GF.D.l.LCH978>
www.PowerBarStore.com and enter discount code: PUSH09 at check out.

Respectfully,

PowerBar