[pct-l] Stephen's bear can

Rick Ostheimer rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 21 18:35:46 CST 2009

You can send it home from Sonora Pass, but I heard it was a tough hitch
to town and back.  I carried mine to S. Lake Tahoe and sent it home
there.  I hitched in from where the trial comes within a few yards of a
busy highway crossing.  It took a while, but my ride took me right to
the PO; ride back was easy.  There's a shuttle bus in town and good
resupply.

For the rest of the trail, I pretty much took a page from Yogi's book
and slept with my food unless I was in a developed campground.  Mostly I
avoided those and stealthed at suitable sites along the trail.

Handlebar