[pct-l] trekking poles - NOISY = scares away wildlife

Bob Sartini r.sartini at rcn.com
Tue Jan 20 19:24:43 CST 2009

I've used hiking poles for many thousands of miles for many years and have
seen more bear, deer, gator, moose, boar, than I can count. I guess some
animals have better hearing than others. Must be the animals west of the
rockies. I have seen only one skunk so maybe they hear hiking poles better
than others.

"EVERYTHING is in walking distance,"
    ......Bamboo Bob