[pct-l] Trekking poles

Timothy Akin timothyakin at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 22:15:45 CST 2009

I just have to chime in about trekking poles.  I have the Black
Diamond Alpine CF.  Aluminum poles make a clank noise while the CF
poles make a softer, more satisfying clunk.  I like the clunk, don't
like the clank.  Also, the locking mechanism is foolproof.  Poles
lock every time, no special technique required.  I've used them in
snow, rain, and heat.  I have about 400 miles on them now on the TRT,
PCT, and New Mexico hikes.  I need adjustable poles for my Tarptent
Contrail, so these work great for me.  Great poles. YMMV.
Tim A.