[pct-l] Regarding Sunglasses and Contacts

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:00:00 CST 2009

One other thought along this line --- I managed to lose my sunglasses this
year, though it was in Oregon (if someone finds a pair of prescription
sunglasses near the trail in the Mt. Jefferson area ... :-)

Losing your sunglasses in the Sierras or other extended sun + snow area
could indeed be an unhappy experience.   What I recommend as lightweight
backup sunglasses is to get a pair of the little cheesy things your
optometrist will sometimes give you when s/he dilates your eyes.   I'm
talking about the ones that fold flat and have white paper/thin-cardboard
ear pieces.   While not the most optimal (nor stylish) sunglasses, these
make an extremely lightweight backup pair.

Brian Lewis / Gadget
http://postholer.com/brianle