[pct-l] Shelters

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Wed Jan 14 13:02:26 CST 2009

The Tarptents only get beaten if you beat on them. Ultralight equipment
does require just a little more care, but not as much as one would think.

While I don't have one of Henry's tents, I do have a couple tents made of
the same material and neither has shown any sign of being beaten. Almost
ANY fabric will fail if a branch is allowed to poke a hole in it, for
example.

Personally, I'd go with the lighter tent. There are a lot of people who
think ultralight is the same as a light weight (weakling).

Besides Tarptent, check out Gossamer Gear and Six Moon Designs. All three
are great products, designed by long-distance hikers.

AsABat