[pct-l] Shelters

Christa Wellman wellmanstudios at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 12:15:15 CST 2009

I figure most everyone on the PCT uses tarptents from Henry Shires or other vendor.  I've also been looking at some other options.  Weight considering, of course.  A guy at an Erewhon store said that the tarptents really take a beating and tried to suggest the MSR Hubba, which is similar in design to Henry Shires Rainbow tent but weighs about 3lbs.  Any thoughts on the matter, or new enlightments one can give this novice to the world of light backpacking?

Christa