[pct-l] Pronunciation of Talus

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon Jan 12 19:19:36 CST 2009

The English Language is an evolving, changing organism, witness the
increasing mixing-up of "well" and "good", likewise "me" and "I".
Eventually, Tah-lus may replace Tay-les, but for now...???   A rose by any
other name smells just as sweet or, put another way, climbing over tay-les
or tah-les can be just as difficult.  :)

Dr Bob
~~~~
I named my cat Talus when she showed up in 1997. Her dog friend at the time
was Pika, and since all the pikas I met in the wilderness lived in talus,
well her name made perfect sence. I let Pika raise Talus, and they became
great friends . Alas, Pika is gone, Talus is now 12, and has Kelly as her
dog friend. Kelly is more a nemisis than a friend, but Talus still controls
the relationship with her sharp wit. I pronounce Talus with a short "a" and
short "u" , and it sounds like "kitty kitty". She knows her name just the
same.
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/talus