[pct-l] Midwest anyone? & Bounce Boxes

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jan 12 19:10:45 CST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:51 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Midwest anyone? & Bounce Boxes

I used a plastic, 3 gallon laundry detergent bucket. This was a
mistake. Even though it contained no bleach or detergent, some post
offices told me it was not legal to use the bucket. Others told me
otherwise. One post office finally covered up the entire bucket with
priority mail stickers so nobody could see it used to be a laundry
detergent bucket.

If you use cardboard, you can always find a new box in the dumpster.
I would do that to send stuff home.

Having a bounce bucket is nice, but I think I would like to try it
without a dedicated bucket next time. If I need to send stuff ahead,
I'll find a box in the dumpster. If not, then I won't have to worry
about it.

P.S. Put a bathing suit in your bounce bucket (if you're a woman,
anyway). Some hotels have a no street clothes in the pool policy. And
carry your bathing suite through Lassen National Park. You're DON'T
want to miss Drakesbad.