[pct-l] Hiking alone

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 11 19:08:21 CST 2009

Shelly

As a woman of your same age, I can relate with your fears.  Like you, I have explored my ability to hike, to plan, to be alone, to face a bear.  It sounds like you have done these things well.  You have taken the steps to accept your fears and to walk through them.  You took the steps to plan and research your equipment and your meals.  You took more steps by selecting backpacking trips to test your ability.  You took the step to be out there alone and it sounds like to are ready for more.  You took the step to join the rest of us on the list.  You have done well.  Perhaps after all of this you are ready for a trail name.  may I offer a suggestion?  "Takes Steps"

Shepherd