[pct-l] Flooding in the Northwest.........

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:22:21 CST 2009

The major damage from this round of flooding is in the foot hills and below.
We live 15 miles below the PCT in Skykomish right on the Tye River and were
the last safe haven. We still have 4-5 feet of snow in our yard and it is
pilled up around the house. House looks like an igloo. We did some sand
bagging around our kitchen door but were lucky and the river stayed within
it's banks as it went by our place. Those down river from us were not so
lucky. There were too many other streams and rivers combining  with each
other which made water over flow everywhere. We are in the middle of selling
our place to the County and will be moving 8 miles west....away from the
river. We will still be on hwy 2 but can not handle the heart break of
watching our rock back fall into the river more each year. We will still be
working with all our hikers. Info is on our hiker page.

http://www.skykomish-show-n-shine.com/GenWebPage.ihtml?formid=39

We will be building a new hiker dorm. Don't know if we will get it completed
by the time hiker season starts. We will have 2 + acres of park like setting
for everyone to hang out in.

PCT MOM