[pct-l] Olallie Lake Resort & Western Snowpack map

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 22:35:58 CST 2009

I called the nearby Ranger Station three days ago;  he said they were out of
business. Unless someone has money to burn in this  economy, there is no
chance in hell a new owner would have it up and running  this year, and he knew of
no new owner.
     I took it off my non-spreadsheet logistics  planning page. Since I have
to drive thousands of miles to get to the PCT, my  planning page includes all
driving miles also, and all days of time  also. I'm also having to pick up two
unfinished CA fire closure pieces, so  the summer will be complicated.
     The 1 Jan 09 Western Mountain Snowpack map showed  up today:
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/cgibin/westsnow.pl   OR & WA are buried again, so far, but
it's a long way to spring. I need no  snow in CA, and no more than normal snow
in OR/WA. Several million Californians  are praying against me though.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says, 'See, if  it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.'
-- Harry Browne

"If you think  health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs
when its free."
-- P. J. ORourke

In a message dated 1/7/2009 1:42:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,